Leicester Housing Authority
Meeting on Friday, Sept 16,2022 11:00 am.
Nancy and Kathy will be at the Fairfield Inn in Auburn on Friday at 11:00am.
We will be providing an update on the latest information that we have. If you are staying at the hotel please meet us in the breakfast area.
If you are staying with family or friends, I will update the website after the meeting, or feel free to call me
We had a lightning strike on our building at 1075 Main Street. All tenants exited the building safely. There were no injuries to the tenants or their pets. Tenants are either staying with family or friends or at hotels the Housing Authority has arranged.
There will be a Recovery Center Clinic on Tuesday, August 30, 200 from 1-5 PM at the Leicester Senior Center, Winslow Ave, Leicester.
A bus will run from 12:30 – 6:00 PM on a continuous loop between the Hampton Inn, and the Fairfield Inn to and from the Senior Center.
If you need to retrieve items from your apartment, please call 774-232-3171 (Nancy) to make an appointment so someone can accompany you, as there are safety issues as repairs begin.
We are contacting area Housing Authorities to set up temporary housing for all displaced tenants. We will do our best to keep you as close to Leicester as possible.
Annual Plan Hearing
June 20th, 2022 at 4:00 PM
1075 Main Street – Leicester MA 01524
In our Community Room
To View Our Annual Plan Click the Link Below:
It is the Mission of the Leicester Housing Authority to:
- Provide affordable, decent, safe, and sanitary housing through the maintenance of our existing units and the development of new units.
- To create an environment which enables residents to live responsibly and with dignity.
- To support residents in their efforts to achieve self-sufficiency.
- To honor public commitments in a fiscally and ethically responsible manner.
- To create and maintain public confidence in the Authority’s operations and staff.
- To ensure that the facilities owned and managed by the Leicester Housing Authority are marketable in the community and are appealing to residents.
- To enable the Leicester Housing Authority staff to improve their performance through appropriate vision, training, and career development.
- To establish performance goals that meet or exceed industry standards.
- To assist the Town, State and Federal government in identifying and addressing housing needs.